The Institute of Internal Combustion Engines (ivb) is part of the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany. Their research fields include the following:
– Combustion system development, Gasoline and Diesel
– Alternative fuels, Gasoline and Diesel
– Charge exchange process
– Exhaust gas after treatment
– Hybrid powertrains
– Vehicle energy management
The institute currently employs 25 researchers and 10 non-scientific employees. There are 18 engine test beds available plus 4 component test beds.
- Blei, I., Eilts, P.: Investigations on Oxygenic Fuels in a Diesel Engine. TMFB-workshop, Aachen, 2013.
Page 67 of 69 ENG60 LNG II Annex Ia v1.0
- Eilts, P., Stöber-Schmidt, C.-P.: Investigation of Extreme Mean Effective and Maximum Pressures in a Medium Speed Diesel Engine. CIMAC-Congress 2013, Shanghai.
- Schech, J., Siedentop, A., Herbst, F., Wiebe, A., Eilts, P.: Conceptional Design of Small Direct-Injection Spark-Ignition Engine Concepts with various Injector Positions by use of CAE-Tools. SAE-Paper 12, SETC-0154, 2012.